Eczema or dermatitis is a common and an irritating skin disease that can affect people of any age group. Children are the worst sufferers of this disease. This can also pose serious threats to the infants. About 20% of children have the history of eczema. Family history is also an important cause for eczema in some cases. Girls suffer more from this skin disease than the boys. The skin gets inflamed with the formation of pustules often followed by some liquid discharge. This skin disorder can be chronic, which results from the toxicity in the body. The commonly affected areas are hands, wrists, neck, face and back of the knees. Eczema is not contagious, but scratching the particular areas may worsen the condition spreading the disease to other parts.
1. Appearance of pustules and blisters on the skin.
2. Redness of the skin in patches.
3. Skin becomes dry and flaky.
4. Itchiness and irritation on the skin.
5. Liquid discharges are observed from the affected areas.
Doctors can not specify the exact cause of this skin disorder. Most probable causes are
1. Building up of toxins in the body.
2. Deficiency of nutrients in the body
3. Allergic conditions
4. Metabolic disorders.
Eczema can be cured by adopting following simple home remedies
1. Application of coconut oil on the affected areas is the most effective home remedy for treating Eczema.
2. One can also apply mud pack on the affected areas to get beneficial results.
3. Application of a paste of camphor and sandalwood powder, taken in equal proportions is another useful home remedy for treating Eczema.
4. Mild sunbathing is also helpful in reducing this skin disorder.
5. Application of a paste of Neem leaves and turmeric powder on the affected areas reduces the symptoms of eczema. It is one of the useful home remedies for treating eczema.
6. Prepare a lotion from the crushed leaves of Dandelion and Spearmint adding few drops of massage oil. Application of this lotion on the affected areas and keeping it for half an hour produces wonderful results.
7. Regularly apply Vitamin E oil on the affected areas to get beneficial results.
8. Take oral Zinc supplements to reduce the symptoms of Eczema. Application of Zinc lotion on the affected areas also produces beneficial results.
9. Nutmeg paste is also used as a useful home remedy to cure eczema.
10. Tomato juice also helps in reducing the symptoms of eczema. Drink a glass of tomato juice daily to get quick relief from this disease.
Read more about Home Remedies for Eczema. Also know effective Home Remedies for Insomnia. Read useful Home Remedies for Stretch Marks.