Many people suffer with eczema in varying degrees. For some it’s a small red patch of skin that gets irritated occasionally. For others it’s an ongoing problem that affects a large area of their skin and leads to them feeling not only uncomfortable but also self conscious. If you look at a skin condition such as eczema, you will find that creams and other topical treatments can harm the skin due to the chemical constituents. In this article you will learn of some simple home remedies to cure eczema for fast relief.
1. Studies have shown that essential fatty acids can help reduce eczema symptoms drastically due to the important Omega 3 and 6 fats that our bodies require. Borage Oil, Krill Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Flaxseed Oil have great results in clearing up eczema for many people because of the Gamma Linolenic Omega 6 in them.
2. It seems that sunbathing also helps keep the irritation away. It is said that the heat from the sun kills the bacteria that resides on the skin so eczema is removed permanently. Of course, it is really better to take care of the root cause than just remove the symptoms.
3. You can also make changes in the way you take a bath. Normal soaps can have harsh ingredients that can exacerbate your condition. So you need to purchase products that have been sourced from natural ingredients and those that have been known to be gentle on the skin. Don’t use loofah on your eczema laden skin, it will only serve to exacerbate your condition. It is recommended to soak yourself in a lukewarm oatmeal bath for 10 to 20 minutes at least. Although some stores carry colloidal oatmeal products it is best just to wrap a few teaspoons of oatmeal in a clean cloth and soak it in your bath.
4. Wear cotton clothing and if you want to get the best kind, there are now organic cotton clothes on the market that come from cotton that is grown without pesticides and chemicals that are very popular. Any wool, polyester, nylon or scratchy materials can be very irritating and uncomfortable for an eczema sufferer.
5. Remedies to treat eczema naturally are an option that many are searching for. Moisturizing the skin is important to replace the moisture that dries out, causing flaky, dry skin. Putting moisture back into the affected area will help to relieve the itching symptoms.
6. Whenever you finish bathing, don’t rub yourself but pat yourself dry with a soft towel. You can apply aloe vera or cocoa butter on your skin, taking care to apply a hefty portion over the eczema affected areas. Again ensure that the products you are using are organic and contains no harsh chemicals like additives or preservatives.
7. It is often recommended, that people who suffer from eczema should apply moisturizer a minimum of 2-3 times each day, and in some cases more. A moisturizer that uses natural ingredients and contains herb extracts such as aloe vera, rosemary, chamomile and witch hazel, are suitable remedies to treat eczema.
8. Finally, if you want to get rid of eczema, make sure you maintain a healthy diet. Ensure that you take in your diet zinc and other minerals as this helps the body heal itself helping you get rid of eczema easily and pain-free.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, acne treatment.