Not only can eczema be embarrassing & unsightly, but it can be an extremely irritating, uncomfortable and distressing condition. Since eczema usually goes hand in hand with sensitive skin, treating it can be a bit of a challenge. Thankfully there are quite a few home remedies for eczema you can try.
1. Before I begin on natural treatments, it is important to remember to avoid allergic triggers to avoid eczema flair-ups. Eczema is generally considered an allergic reaction of the skin.
2. Zinc is another great ingredient. Apply zinc lotion directly on the affected area. Zinc can also be taken as a supplement in pills. Taking regularly, it can be an effective eczema treatment.
3. Another option would be to extract a spearmint leaf juice and directly applying to affected parts for an effective eczema remedy.
4. Try to moisturize your skin day in and day out. When your skin is dry it could exacerbate your condition. Make use of soaps that act as moisturizer to smoothen your skin and rejuvenate its moisture. Try to make use of lotions when you have finished taking your bath, it will aid to maintain and moisture your skin. And in return it will aid to treat your eczema.
5. Calendula Oil. Calendula oil is one of the best all natural methods for treating eczema and has been used for many generations to treat eczema and dry skin. You can make it your self or you can purchase it bottled. I only recommend using organic products for treating eczema since it is generally an allergy condition. See the resources below on both options.
6. Lotions to look for ate those made with blueberry leaves. Blueberry leaves are very good at relieving the inflammation of eczema and at improving the irritation that accompanies itching.
7. Avoid scratching the rash, for it will only aggravate the irritation. Keep nails short. Cotton clothing and bedding keep the skin cool and allow it to breathe. Avoid synthetic fabrics and wool as they irritate.
8. Sometimes, eczema is stress-related. If you are always beating the rat race because of a hectic schedule, your immune system will weaken causing all sorts of diseases such as eczema to set in. Get enough sleep at night, and make sure that you arent as emotionally stressed out at work and at home. The best way to handle stress is to manage your schedule to make your workflow more efficient.
9. Dry skin often makes the condition worse. When washing or bathing, keep water contact as minimum as possible and use less soap. After bathing, it is important to trap the moisture in the skin by applying a moisturizing cream on the skin while it is damp. Treatment of bleeding lesions may include soothing moisturizers and wet dressings.
Author is an online medical researcher on eczema treatment and skin care. Click read more on eczema treatment, acne treatment.